Let me just start out by saying I find it SO hard to write about myself.
1. I’m in my fifth (and final) year of undergrad. When I came in as a freshman, I was a biology major. I didn’t take first level chemistry my freshman year because as a bio major you only need three years of chemistry so it didn’t really matter when you started taking them. So fast forward to sophomore year – I realized I hated biology and LOVED chemistry. It only made sense to change my major. The only problem was, at my small private school, upper level chemistry classes aren’t offered every year because they wouldn’t be filled. This meant that changing my major would put me behind, since I hadn’t taken first level chemistry my freshman year. My options were take 3 classes over the summer (about 35 hours a week and $10,000 out of my pocket) or stay an extra year part time. The choice was pretty obvious considering I didn’t have $10,000 to dish out. It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that I wouldn’t be done after four years but I realized that it’s very common and I would rather stay an extra year for a degree I love then be done after four years with a degree that I hate. Here I am, part time, my fifth year.
2. I wear hair extensions! Not everyday – but when you see me with the long, silky, shiny hair, know it’s clipped in my head. I get so many comments on my hair and while I appreciate it, I bought it.
3. I don’t drink pop. Or soda, whatever it’s called. I do my best to eat healthy, but it’s super hard. One thing I am successful at is not drinking too many calories. I usually have a coffee in the morning and chug water all day. If I want something else, I have Zevia (zero calorie, zero sugar, natural soda) or some form of Green Tea with no calories and no sugar.
4. I hate when people stare at me. Actually, when they look for longer than like, 3 seconds, I get annoyed. I don’t know why.
5. I’m a true leo. I’m not really into astrology and horoscopes all like that, but most of the traits that describe a leo are spot on for me. You know those memes that put you into a category based on your sign? Mine is always right. Also, I’ve been really into reading my horoscope lately and it’s always spot on. It amazes me.
6. I never lost all of my baby teeth. I’m unsure if I have one or two left. I think one. It just never fell out. And on the x-rays from the dentist, you can see the adult tooth up in my gums, ready to come down should the baby tooth fall out. When I was younger, they wanted to pull the baby tooth and give me braces to pull the adult tooth down, but I never did it because my teeth have always been perfect otherwise. I figured I’d cross that bridge when I get to it, and I’ve yet to get to it.
7. I work at a craft store, Michaels. Shameless plug – if you’ve never been to Michaels, I would definitely recommend going. They have so much more than craft supplies. The seasonal section is amazing and I spend so much money there. I’m a cashier but on the weekends I do kids craft classes and birthday parties. I originally applied just to be a cashier because I had no idea they did kids classes. During my interview, my manager said “so you’ve worked in a daycare?” And I thought, great, she’s gonna ask how that’s relevant to being a cashier. Then she told me they needed someone who liked kids to do the classes and parties. It’s so much fun.
8. I failed gym class my freshman year of high school. Embarrassing. I hated changing and getting all sweaty in the middle of the day. So I had to take two gym classes my sophomore year. Ironically, I love to workout now.
9. I barely read for fun, but I really wish I could. I used to read a ton over the summer, but it’s hard when I’m in school. Any free time I have goes to doing schoolwork, working, and going on Instagram. I don’t ever find any free time to just sit down and read. That’s something I’m working on though.
10. I am so opinionated. I will always say what’s on my mind without hesitation. ALWAYS. If you want an honest opinion, I’m your girl. Quick story time : my parents and I flew to California for a wedding in July, and when I got home from school in May my mom was so excited to show me her dress. She had been talking about showing me for weeks. So I’m sitting on my floor, and she comes in my room all excited, and I was just like “eh.” I didn’t love it. I thought maybe it was the angle, because I was sitting down, so I stood up and I still didn’t love it. (My poor mom, she was so excited about this dress.) But in the end, I told her what I had envisioned for her outfit, she found it and loved it way more than the dress. And THAT’s why I’m always honest.
That story leads me into a bonus fact. I feel like I have a good eye for everything. Decor, outfits, everything, and I’m really good at making it come to life. When I have a vision, I figure out how to make it work.
So there’s some things you probably didn’t know about me! Share a fun fact about yourself in the comments!