Happy almost New Year! I am so ready for 2021. I’m sure we all can agree that 2020 hasn’t been the best year. Going into 2021, I really want to prioritize things that are going to make me feel better overall. I’m making it a goal to refresh a lot of things in my life and I wanted to share a list of some things I’m going to be doing as we go into the new year.
- Get rid of everything. Literally walk through your home with a trash bag. Be ruthless.
- Clean out your fridge. Check expiration dates on sauces and condiments and stuff you don’t use as often.
- Clean up your bedside table. Put two things that make you happy on it.
- Go through your phone. Delete old contacts, messages, apps, and pictures. Change your lock screen.
- Restock anything needed in the bathroom.
- Check your pantry for expiration dates and restock anything that needs restocked.
- Set a recurring alarm for each weekday. Try and wake up a half hour earlier than usual.
- Put gas in your car. Clean it out and vacuum.
- Put your number on the Do Not Call list. 1-888-382-1222
- Dump out your bags. Throw away any garbage and organize them.
- Clean out your closet and donate any clothes you no longer wear.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet. Check expiration dates and restock as needed.
- Write out threes simple dinners you can make with ingredients you always have on hand. Hang the list on the fridge for when you’re in a rut.
- Detox your social medias. Unfollow people.
- Clean off your desk. Get rid of the clutter and wipe everything down. Set up a good work space.
- Look at what comes in the mail. Go to directmail.com to take your name off of mailing lists.
- Write your morning and evening checklists and hang them somewhere you will see them.
- Write down one goal for the year. Just one. Tape it to your mirror.
- Organize your inbox. Unsubscribe from lists you don’t want to be on.
- Create a list to prepare yourself for a new week. Hang it up.
I am definitely going to be doing each one of these as we close out 2020 and enter into 2021. Let me know if you do any of these!